LION KING BLOOPERS
These are actual bloopers from the cast while they recording, and they were later animated.
HIGH MUFASA ALWAYS MAKES ME LAUGH
I needed this in my life.
if you don’t want this on your blog, i’m judging you
Sleeping Beauty AU - Never meeting Prince Phillip, Aurora sleeps for a hundred years, during which Maleficent comes to the princess in her dreams, teaching her dark secrets and magic spells. At the end of the hundred years a king comes, slays the dragon, and awakens Aurora, who kills him in the marriage bed and takes her place as queen and Maleficent’s chosen heir."For a hundred years, I slept. And for a hundred years, she visited me in dreams. Revealing to me secrets no other human could know, teaching me spells that would twist my heart black. I do not know why; perhaps she saw something wicked in me. Perhaps she simply wanted to spite those who had weakened her curse upon me by molding me in her image. But she gave me power, my king. And now so shall you."
#I COULD CRY#I am VERY particular about which heroines I want to see twisted into something evil#because sometimes it just feels like an excuse to erase their gentler character traits#and replace them with false ‘strength’ in the form of evil#but for aurora it TOTALLY WORKS FOR ME#because of that spinning wheel scene#because she’s been lied to for her entire life and maleficent offers her a way out from this role she’s suddenly been forced into#because when touching the spindle is her choice it becomes a way of forcing everyone to respect her own personal timeline of adulthood#no one is waking up until she’s ready#no one is getting married until she’s ready#and if anyone tries to break through too soon they get IMPALED by THORNS#corrupted ingenue feelings#corrupted ingenue feelings for a thousand years#is what I’m saying basically
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
MUSIC TO INFLUENCE YOU TO WRITE
Feel like you need a song to influence you to write a scene or character? Here are a list of Playlists and Songs you can listen to to get you going!
- When Everything is Wrong and you need a pick-me-up
- a bunch of songs that make me Legit Happy!!
- Carried Away
- Some Days they Taste Like Lemonade
- Picking Up the Pieces
- Keep Your Head Up
- It’s Time to Begin, isn’t it?
- Endless Cheesin
- Free Yourself
- lets do it (lets fall in love); a playlist for an old-fashioned love affair
- Songs to fuck to
- Between Two Points
- Erotic Moments
- Nice and Slow
- Breathe My Name
- We Had a Promise Made
- The Only Sex Playlist
- Skin & Bones
- A Forever Love
SAD SCENES/ HEARTBREAK
- Hello My Old Heart
- See all my dreams die
- We All Feel Lost Sometimes
- Whispers Wasted in the Sand
- Time to Study
- One of those Sad Days
- Sad Sad Songs
- Goodnight Moon
- When I Run Through the Deep Dark Forrest
PSYCHOPATHIC CHARACTER/SUSPENSE SCENE
- [MADNESS;] | a playlist to get in the insane muse for your character
- The Devil Within Digital Daggers
- Villains and Demons
- Lose Your Soul
- Savage Desires
- I’ll Be Dead Before the Day is Done
- A Killer’s Symphony
- Murder He Says
- A Boy’s Best Friend
- In a Stranger’s Dream
BADASS CHARACTERS/ACTION-FIGHT SCENE
- Not Your Regular Damsel in Distress
- Biting Down
- Light it Up
- This is it, the Apocalypse
- I Pretend I’m a Bad Ass
- There is No Reconciliation
- Shit to Fuck Shit Up to
- Let’s Go Hunting
- Cancel the Apocalypse
- Red Lipstick and a Black Jacket
- The Light Shines Through
- When in France
- Sing Me to Sleep
- Violin at the Movies
- À la dérive
- Home is where your heart it is
- My Game my Rules
- The Devil is in the Details
- The Pale Horse
- Excellent Taste
- Kill Run
- Where is My Mind?
- Nothing Here is Vegetarian
- An Absence of You
- I Misbehave
- Something Lonely in the Bone
- I’m not a Psychopath…
- Thank You, Johann Sebastian Bach
- Dying From These Exist Wounds
- You Put the Devil in Me
- Study and Investigate
- Fist Kisses and Love Bites
- Sorrow Waited Sorrow Won
- Lost Boy
- You the Moon
- Taller Than God
- A Very Supernatural Roadtrip
- I Call This One “the Blue Steel”
- Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts his Cakehole!
- Bad Blood
- An Angry Blade
- Wow Just Smash Your Mouths Together
- Fury is Coming
- The Sacrifice
I’d love to add more (music and fandoms) but let’s just give you this for now! Happy Listening!
ALSO: These (obviously) are not my fanmixes/playlists so give some props to the people who made it! They would love it! Also, if you see your playlist on here and would like it removed, tell me! Thank you!
a really excellent way to reduce anxiety is to pick up a new hobby. find something you’re interested in, learn it, then use it as a healthy and productive way to cope.
Finding the information you need as a writer shouldn’t be a chore. Luckily, there are plenty of search engines out there that are designed to help you at any stage of the process, from coming up with great ideas to finding a publisher to get your work into print. Both writers still in college…
Nineteen things I’ve learned before I turned nineteen.
1. Always carry $5 and a lighter with you (even if you don’t smoke).
2. Ask every person you meet how their day is going. Genuinely ask with the soul intention of learning how their day is. Ask the coffee shop employee. Ask the person next to you in line at Walmart. Ask your distant friend. Ask everyone.
3. Take many photos of yourself. Take photos of yourself when you’re happy. Take photos of yourself when you’re sad. Take photos of yourself because there are millions of trees in the world, and we all look at the same sky, but there is only one of you.
4. Stay in contact with your parents. Try not to hate them. They are the reason you have the ability to feel anything at all. Try not to hate your parents.
5. Opening your skin will not set your demons free. Open your heart. Open your mind. Open your hands.
6. Nobody knows anybody completely. That’s okay.
7. Be gentle, but be aggressive. Take a stand. Nobody hears your voice if you stay silent.
8. Respect everybody. We are all humans trying to survive. We all deserve respect.
9. Wearing black will ALWAYS make you feel better about yourself.
10. Always give tips, whether it be a couple extra dollars or a piece of mind. You never know how much you could be helping someone.
11. Change is the only thing consistent in life. Do not allow that bother you. Embrace chance and move with life, whichever direction it chooses to take you.
12. Smile often. Smile at strangers. Smile at your friends. Smile when nobody is looking and you’re alone in your bedroom. Smile when somebody is rambling to you.
13. Body image means nothing. Your body is merely just a seatbelt in the car. Your body is here to protect you. You choose the direction you go, and your body will not hold you back. Only you can hold yourself back.
14. Don’t hold grudges. Don’t allow yourself to hate anybody. Forgive them. Learn to love them for the person you never got to see them to be. Believe that a beautiful human exists in that person. Wish them well.
15. Drink orange juice. Lots of it.
16. Don’t allow the opinions of others to choose your destiny. We are all simply trying to live our own life.
17. Sing all the time. Sing off key. Sing in a silly voice. Sing like you’re on stage. Sing no matter who is around. Singing is breathing for the soul. Sing.
18. Take time to think. Write your feelings down. Write letters to the people you love. Texting is overrated and not as heartfelt as a nice handwritten letter.
19. Live for yourself. Breathe for yourself. Do everything in your life for nobody but you. This is your life. This is it.